Employ foreign workers under J-1 program

Are you looking for more options to employ foreign workers in the United States?  One of the options may be through the J-1 program.  You can either apply to be designated as a sponsor.  You must have a responsible officer with at least 3 years of experience in international exchange, have experience in operating a successful business, present financial statements, or audit report, meet financial obligations and responsibilities of the exchange visitor program and demonstrate your ability to comply with the regulations of the exchange visitor program.  The processing time is over 4-6 months.  Alternatively, you may participate in the J-1 program as the host organization that conduct training or internship programs according to an agreement with the designated sponsor.

J-1 program is for the following foreign workers: professors and research scholars, short-term scholars, trainees or interns, college and university students, teachers, secondary school students, nonacademic specialists, foreign physicians, international visitors, government visitors, camp counselors, au pair and summer students in a travel and work program.

Please note that this article does not constitute legal advice.  We simplified the law to provide general information about J-1 program.  If you would like to discuss if you are eligible to apply for J-1 sponsor designation or need help hiring foreign workers through J-1 program, schedule a consultation with an experienced J-1 immigration lawyer in Arizona at TODAY or call our office at 480-425-2009! We look forward to talking with you and helping you hire foreign workers through J-1 program!