Fiancé(e) Visas and Marriage in Scottsdale

A U.S. citizen can petition for a fiancé(e) visa for a foreign national fiancée to enter the U.S. to conclude a valid marriage with the petitioning U.S. citizen within 90 days after entry.  The U.S. citizen has to provide proof that (a) there is a bona fide intention to marry within 90 days of fiancé(e)’s entry, (b) there are no legal impediments to marriage (e.g., all previous marriages ended) and (c) (s)he has previously met the fiancé(e) in person within 2 years of filing the petition.  The requirement of meeting in person may be waived if it would cause “extreme hardship” to the petitioner or if it would “violate strict and long established customs of the fiancé(e)’s foreign culture or social practice.”  Minor children of fiancé(e)’s can accompany the fiancé(e) and enter the U.S. on K-2 visa.

If the marriage is concluded, fiancé(e) can adjust his/her status to legal permanent resident status.   If the marriage is not concluded, fiancé(e) has to leave the U.S.

Our Scottsdale Immigration Attorney has extensive experience with fiancé(e) visa.  Call us at 480 425-2009 or contact us TODAY to schedule a CONSULTATION!