H-1B status for an Electrical Engineer from India

Our client, a civil and environmental engineering firm, has hired an Engineer from India who completed a Master degree in Electrical and Computer Networking in the US. She started working for our client as her optional practical training. Our client was very happy with her performance and wanted to petition for her H-1B status.

We guided our client what evidence we need to submit and established that the employee meets the requirements for H-1B status. We have established that the position of the Electrical Engineer requires theoretical and practical application of a body of highly specialized knowledge and attainment of a baccalaureate or higher degree or its equivalent as a minimum requirement for entry into the occupation in the United States and the foreign employee is qualified to perform services in the specialty occupation because she has attained a Master Degree in Electrical Engineering.  Congratulations!

Please note that this case study does not constitute a legal advice.  We simplified the law in order to outline the H-1B requirements.  If you would like to discuss if you may qualify for H-1B status, call our experienced H-1B attorney at 480-425-2009 or contact an experienced H-1B attorney via our website to schedule a consultation. We look forward to discussing how we can help you obtain your H-1B status.