How can my nanny stay in the U.S. permanently?

Many clients hire foreign nannies through one of the international au pair program. Then, when they are happy with their performance and their children got used to them, they are looking for ways to have their nannies stay in the U.S. permanently. They contact our immigration lawyers for help.

The family member may, in certain circumstance, be able to have her/his nanny stay, live and work in the U.S. permanently (help her get a green card). The process involves placing job advertisements, reviewing applicants’ resumes and interviewing applicants. If there are no U.S. workers able, willing, qualified and available to take the job, and the family member complied with all regulations, the process may lead to nanny’s green card and her ability to stay in the U.S. permanently.

Please note that this article does not constitute a legal advice.   We simplified the law to provide only general information. The process of getting a green card for your foreign nanny and help her stay in the U.S. permanently is heavily regulated process with lots of cases governing each aspect of the process. One mistake means that you have to start from the beginning and loose lots of time and ultimately not be able to have your nanny stay in the U.S. permanently.   If you would like to help your foreign nanny stay in the U.S. permanently and would like to discuss what is the best way to accomplish that, schedule a consultation with an experienced immigration lawyer in Phoenix at or call our office at 480-425-2009.