Can I work in the U.S. while waiting for my green card?

The answer to this question depends on your situation. If you already have an employment authorization based on your current status, such as has H-1B status, E-2 status, employment authotization card with your Optional Practical Training, you can continued to work. If you did not have an employment authorization, you will need to wait until your work authorization is approved.

Please note that this article does not constitute a legal advice. If you would like help with your employment authorization, schedule a consultation with an experienced immigration lawyer in Phoenix at or call our office at 480-425-2009.