What Is a Green Card?

A “green card” is officially known as a Permanent Resident Card. It is proof of lawful permanent resident status that allows one to live and work permanently in the United States, short travel, and return back to the United States. It is issued by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Most green cards must be renewed every 10 years, but conditional green cards based on marriage or investment are valid for 2 years. For more details on how to move to the U.S. permanently and how to get a green card, just get in touch with Juras Law Firm, PLC!

Please note that this article does not constitute legal advice from a law firm. If you would like to move to the U.S. permanently and get a green card, schedule a consultation with an experienced immigration lawyer in Scottsdale, AZ or call the Juras Law Firm, PLC office at 480-425-2009.