E-3 visa

E-3 visa is for the Australian nationals who are coming to the United States to work in a “specialty occupation”. The “specialty occupation” requires at least a bachelor’s or higher degree in the specific specialty and theoretical and practical application of a body of highly specialized knowledge.

The E-3 has characteristics similar to H-1B and H-1B1 visas, including the labor condition application that needs to be certified. E-3 status holders are admitted for 2 years. There is a 10,500 cap per fiscal year. Spouses are eligible for work authorization.

Please note that this article does not constitute legal advice.  We simplified the law to provide general information about E-3 visa and status.  If you would like to discuss if you qualify for E-3 visa or would like us to help you with obtaining E-3 visa, schedule a consultation with an experienced immigration lawyer in Phoenix at www.calendly.com/irena-3 today or call our office at 480-425-2009! We look forward to talking with you!